February 24, 2014 § Leave a comment
Today we will work in the Ventures Book and Workbook. I would like to do the Ventures online exercises, but sound is an issue. There are a couple of headsets available. Test the stuff I bought.
The goal is to finish Chapter One and start the Workbook.
What we did – We had G and Y today in class.
Introduced Regular Verbs and they gave me examples.
- To Clean
- To Play
Unit 1. Book. 4 & 5 sections
Work and life skills in English verbal check lists.
Important!! G would like to be a cashier. Y would like to be a hotel receptionist.
Asking for a price:
- How much is this?
- How much is that?
I presented Directions:
- Define: Instructing how to get to a place
- Define: Cardinal – north, south, east, west
- Using a map
- Cardinal directions and maps, pulled up Austin on the iPad and used the wall paper world map.
- Cardinal directions and road names
I had each student give me directions. Good – needs practice.
Workbook. Unit 1
Note: the wbook presented exercises on material that was not presented:
in descriptions, adjective word order – length, color, pattern.
Continue the workbook next class.
- Do some more of the workbook – just some.
- Computer exercises!
- And Gmail – then they can use it on their phones.
- Grammar –
- Vocab –